Sunday 2 November 2008

kings of tomorrow


lately i'm having troubles wth my capoeira trainnings cause my back is killing me. it happened again one friday, when i was practicing martelo rolando. not a very healthy movement if you suffer from back pain. and so i'm standing aside these last couple of weeks, just observing the trainnings and make myself useful as much as possible. and it's killing me not to be able to do all the great things others are learning, while i toque atabaque or pandeiro or berimbau. but as always, i know all this is happening, cause of some reason. and i'm patient. i'm not that unpatient young capoerista as i used to be. i'm changing and growing. and it's okay. cause i know, when i'll be okay, i'll just train as twice as hard as the others and ill catch up ith them. but it's not even about catching up with the rest of the group, cause afterall i do capoeira for myself on a first place, and then it's for the group.

i've read mestre's Acordeon book. it was the right time and place and i'm happy i didn't read it before, as i think every thing has it's own time. and as for these things, i think a capoerista has first to experience it's own capoeira inside his own group and only then after couple of years he is prepared to absorb the experiences and knowledge from outside world. it's the same as we grow up. on the beggining of our lives our world is our family and then we slowly start to discover the outside world, when we are prepared to.

so, i think i'm at this stage in my capoeira life, when i've become to the end of my puberty and i'm prepared to step and deal with my capoeira on a higher level.

No comments: